We envisage a College which
- Offers a world-class standard of education, within the context of South Africa
- Strives for excellence in all activities according to each individual's unique ability
- Nurtures sound, caring relationships
- Has a Christian foundation and fosters respect and understanding of other religions
- Creates a stimulating and challenging working environment for the entire College community
- Provides an educational asset which serves the wider community
- Encourages students to think and act independently and to take responsibility for their decisions
- Provides the opportunity for the unique talents and abilities of each pupil to flourish
- Provides a broad and balanced programme which enhances the acquisition of life skills
- Acknowledges and embraces innovation and change
- Inculcates lifelong learning
- Engages with our wider community
- Is managed on sound business principles
Giving expression to our Christian ethos, Somerset College is committed to the core values of
Educational Excellence – The Somerset College Model
In support of the vision and mission, the educational offeringsand organisational DNA at Somerset College are:
- Grounded in our core values
- Given unique and meaningful expression through the nature of our relationships, spirituality, community involvement and environmental responsibility
- Discovered, nurtured and fulfilled through our academic, cultural, sporting and outdoor education programmes.
In celebration of the beautiful trees which grace the campus, and drawing on their symbolism, we represent our College as a tree of potential and achievement:
Somerset College Prayer
We come before You, O Lord with praise and thanksgiving as the day brings us another round of tasks and duties.
We thank You for this College, for the opportunities which we have here, and for the people with whom we work.
Help us to be kind in thought, gentle in word, generous in deed, and always mindful of the needs of others.
Help us to develop the talents which You have given us, and to use them to do Your will. Above all, Lord, we ask Your blessing on our work and play, so that all that we do may be acceptable to You.
We ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord